Come Join The Hyde Park Care Family!
How it Works?
1. Transfers occur between “pharmacies” with members responsible for the transfer.
2. A prescription shall be transferred from a pharmacy upon the request of the patient or a person acting on behalf of the patient. (O. Reg. 264/16, s. 5)
- Where refills exist, a pharmacy must transfer a prescription when requested
- A person acting on behalf of the patient includes a member acting on behalf of the patient
The consent to transfer is implied and there is no need for a pharmacy to contact the patient to verify the transfer when the request comes from a member acting on behalf of a patient. Delaying a transfer for this reason interferes with continuity of care.
3. The Public Hospitals Act Regulation 965 addresses transfers and prescriptions/orders in a hospital.
4. A prescription may be transferred either under the signature of a member who is practising at the pharmacy transferring the prescription or verbally by a member who is practising at the pharmacy making the transfer.
5. A prescription can be transferred either by signature or verbally to,
- If the pharmacy is in Ontario, a member who is practising at the pharmacy where the prescription will be transferred.
- If the pharmacy is outside of Ontario, a person who is authorized to practise pharmacy at the pharmacy where the prescription will be transferred.